Your mornings are enormously important. It’s the foundation from which the day is built! Here at Huneycutt Family Medicine, your trusted Loveland physician, we believe that how you choose to spend your morning can be used to predict the kind of day you’re going to have.
- Get an early start! If your mornings involve chaos, get up a little earlier than the chaos. Adjust gradually, though! Wake up 10 minute earlier each week for the next 6-9 weeks and you’ll barely notice the change.
- Meditate! Begin each day and spend some time thinking of what you’re grateful for. Realize that it’s not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy. Make a list of 5 things you’re thankful for.
- Stretch! Stretching your body in the morning increases circulation of the blood to various vital organs, increases mental and physical energy levels, enhancing muscular flexibility and coordination, and creates an increased range of movement in the body’s joints!
- Drink a tall glass of cold water before consuming anything else. This will help your body wake up and you’ll naturally feel more energized!
- Keep things simple. Don’t make your mornings just as packed as the rest of your day.
- Do a few things that move you. Don’t fill your mornings with things you have to do but do have a few things you can’t wait to get out of bed and get started on!
- Read, review, or listen to something that nurtures your mind. The key is self improvement in small doses each morning so that you start the day off on a positive note.
- Breathe! Pace yourself so you’re not hurrying from one thing to the next, but instead noticing and appreciating the spaces in between, too.