Injuries from children eating and playing with button batteries are on the rise.  These little batteries are being swallowed by children or children are putting them in their noses as they are playing with them.  Children aren’t always willing to tell their parents that they have swallowed a battery.  That makes it hard for a physician to diagnose since the typical vomiting, abdominal pain, fever, diarrhea, respiratory distress, and dysphagia associated with battery ingestion are all common symptoms. The longer the battery is in their digestive track the worse off the child becomes.  Having a battery lodged in their nose can cause serious burns.  Keeping all batteries up and away is a good idea along with checking toys and other devices to make sure the battery compartment is not easily opened. Call Loveland Urgent Care for help!