Here at Huneycutt Family Medicine, we are a family practice that takes care of your whole family — from infants to adults. Oftentimes, you’ll see doctors who only treat one disease or concentrate on one area of medicine, but we’re here to care for you and your family through all your stages of life. The care we provide will concern you as a whole person, as we treat your physical, mental, and emotional health. We want to get to know our patients and build an enduring relationship with you and your family — that connection will drive a higher level of care because we’ll have your whole, individual health history to better make precise and informed health care decisions with you.
We offer many services, including diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses. We can also provide routine health screenings and physicals, or counseling on how to implement lifestyle changes to live your best life, and be your best self. We’re here to guide you to achieve the best possible health outcome in every situation and in the most personable manner.
Everyone should have a family doctor!
Even if you’re at a stage in life where you don’t require a regular family doctor, it’s important to find one, because we’re here for preventative medicine as well. You may not be sick, but if you have a mole check, we can help identify and diagnose suspicious moles, preventatively. Avoiding or preventing a health issue is better than having to treat or manage one down the road.
At Huneycutt we provide the following:
- Lifespan care: from infants to the elderly
- Chronic conditions: diabetes (type I and II), heart disease, and asthma
- Ear, nose, and throat
- Behavioral and mental health
- Joint and bone care
- Eye care
- Sexual health and family planning
- Basic testing
What to ask and look for in a family practice:
- Are they taking new patients
- Do they accept insurance
- What are their on-call hours?
- What are their office hours?
- What is the average wait time in seeing patients?
- How many doctors and nurse practitioners are on staff?
- Do they perform lab test and imaging? If not, where do they refer patients and is it in your network?
Once you find a doctor and office that fits your needs (hopefully it’s with us), schedule an appointment. Have a conversation with us and let us know any comments or concerns; we love feedback that can improve on patient care.
- Did we answer all your questions?
- Was the check-in process smooth and streamlined?
- Did you feel comfortable with all the staff members you came into contact with?
- Did the doctor explain things thoroughly enough?
- Did you understand what was covered in your appointment?
Like any relationship, it’ll take time to build, but we make it part of our care process to really get to know you and your family on personal level. The cornerstone of our practice is a continuous personal patient-physician relationship. At the beginning of our time together, we’ll create a personal treatment plan and work from there. The Huneycutt staff member will ask questions about you family health, history, and lifestyle to help determine possible health concerns or risk factors. We’ve found that patients with better health outcomes have lower mortality rates and lower health care costs.
Here at Huneycutt, we have the most current treatments and technologies. Dr. Huneycutt has had a wide variety of practice and experience in different healthcare settings and he continues to educate himself in the latest research and procedures. This allows the practice and our patients to apply the latest health advancements to the community.
Come visit us!
We’re here to share our passion for high-quality, empathetic health care to all the members in our community. Schedule an appointment with us today!